- Jan to 31 Oct
- School Holidays
- Dependent on the nature of skills to be shared
Various centres (Click here for maps)
- Have reasonable proficiency in the skills they are sharing
- Have keen interest in working with the beneficiary group
- Ability to speak dialect e.g. cantonese, hokkien and/or hainanese (senior care services)
- Able to commit for a period of time e.g. two months for the workshops
- Must be confident of putting together a workshop
- Sponsorship welcome (see http://tiny.cc/vol-resources)
- Volunteers working with children and/or youth must be at least 17 years old.
- Individual & Group volunteers welcome
- Please use the Volunteer Application Form (Short-Term) for short-term assignments e.g. one-off assignments. For all other assignments, please use the regular service Volunteer Application Form.
- The form to fill can be determined by the "Commitment Level" stated in this assignment description.
- Click here for the registration form.
Contact Person (For Clarifications):
Ruth Evangeline Goh
volunteer (AT) SMM.salvationarmy.org (replace (AT) with @ to email me)
If you have a desire to share and impart skills including sports, singing, dancing, music, guitar, drama, photography, cooking and baking, IT, communications, arts & craft, origami, flower arrangement, we would like to partner you. We invite you to partner us in putting together short workshops to bless our beneficiaries, staff and/or volunteers.
Some ideas can be found at http://tiny.cc/sav-ideas. Please do give consideration to sustainability of the project eg can the skill be taught within the period the assignment is taking place and is it simple enough for the participants to continue to pursue that interest/skill after the workshop.
Sponsorship Required: Resources e.g. equipments and ingredients. You may find out more on funding for projects at http://tiny.cc/vol-resources